Kim Kickstarter

Pegepinden
Level 16 - Hellghast

Kim Kickstarter

Unread post by Pegepinden » 20 Dec 2015, 02:11

Hey everyone.

We just announced a game i have worked on together with my programming buddy and two other people for the past year. (plus two amazing sound guys).
The game is called Kim, and is based on Rudyard Kipling's (the jungle book author) book Kim and other India based novels he wrote.

The game is a 2D top-down adventure game with a procedural world (except towns) and procedural npcs in order to make each play-through different.
It is a very story driven game with a huge base of dialogues/events you will encounter as you travel through the world. All art is hand-drawn by a very talented guy
called Sam Ballard. The soundtrack is made by Murugan Thiruchelvam, who also made trailer music for I Am Bread and Worlds Adrift among other (https://soundcloud.com/secretgamescompa ... soundtrack)

The premise of the game is that you play as Kimball O’Hara, a street urchin from Lahore, from the age of 15 to the age of 18 or until you finish the main story-line.
How your game is scored is based on how you choose to play.

We made a Kickstarter for it. The Kickstarter is used more as a way to get an early community for the game and to get some extra cash for external testing. We are trying to be very honest about this on the page as we do have a playable game now with more or less all the content for it - so it will come out no matter what. So its a bit of a special way of using Kickstarter, but we will see how it pans out :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/secretgamesco/kim

The game was created while writing our master thesis and working full time on another project for a few months. So it has been some long days at times :D

Cheers!
I code stuff, it is true!

Instawin
Level 17 - Jade Raymond

Re: Kim Kickstarter

Unread post by Instawin » 21 Dec 2015, 10:14

Hi guys,
A quick notion ... the combination of an intriguing trailer narration and a lot of game footage was too much for my meager brain to comprehend at the same time.
Maybe it should have been divided so there were some narrative, then some game footage, then narrative, then game footage ... and so on ...

Well, maybe it's just me getting old ;)

Look compelling in the gameplay anyways.
Rasmus Ravnsbjerg Byriel
Game Director - GameMasterz

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

The difference between master and beginner - The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried!

Pegepinden
Level 16 - Hellghast

Unread post by Pegepinden » 21 Dec 2015, 18:10

Thanks.

We know that there are some problems with the video. Overall video creation process did not go to well sadly.
But we are working on a slower paced gameplay video to add to the Kickstarter and Greenlight.

:)

Pegepinden
Level 16 - Hellghast

Unread post by Pegepinden » 23 Dec 2015, 18:49

A slower paced video :)

Pegepinden
Level 16 - Hellghast

Unread post by Pegepinden » 01 Jan 2016, 22:10

Got greenlight after a few days :)

(not that its hard in anyway now a day :D )