Latest threads should work without logging in

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Latest threads should work without logging in

Unread post by timgarbos » 22 Mar 2015, 13:18

For some reason I always need to login on this forum and it never remembers anything. Normally I don't login unless I want to post or comment on something, but I usually follow the discussions. Sadly the "latest threads" link doesn't work when I'm not logged in.

This is a somewhat new feature/bug. Probably a year ago or something :P

The RSS box is nice, but usually filled with comments in the same thread, so not that useful.

Jonas: Can you make this http://www.spiludvikling.dk/search.php? ... d=newposts page public?

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Re: Latest threads should work without logging in

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 22 Mar 2015, 13:26

Once actually it did work without being logged in. But it disappeared in some phpBB update. So thanks for that phpBB. ;)

I perfectly agree. It would be a highly desirable feature. And the RSSbox things is sort of the best patch solution I could find at the time. Clearly not optimal. Agree.
Also the RSSBox feed is extremely slow on the updates. A more clear and direct list of new forums threads directly built into the front page would be desirable.

The problem is.. I'm not a programmer and doesn't have the insights as how to fix it or come up with a better solution.

If someones does. Please tip in. :)

Also for some reason phpBB is fairly terrible at keeping users logged in.

cheers
Jonas

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Re: Latest threads should work without logging in

Unread post by timgarbos » 22 Mar 2015, 14:22

No problem :)