Market data

Instawin
Level 17 - Jade Raymond

Market data

Unread post by Instawin » 19 May 2016, 09:24

Hi everyone,

I'm currently struggeling with our business plan of our game, in preparation for all of the investor encounter we will hopefully have soon.
Specifically I'm currently wokring on the entire monetization model - for some reason the investors seem to be somewhat interested in this - WHO would have figured?!

Anyways! I find extremely hard to find actual, up-to-date, credible and usable data anywhere. Of course there are several paid venues to pursue, however they come off as quite expensive, and I guess it is a bet if I would even find data that suits my specifik inquiries.

Thus I ask anyone of you here!

Do anyone of you have sources from which you have found market data? I'm primarily interested in data regarding F2P-games, and primarily on the mobile platforms.

Market and market development
- The evolvement of the mobile gaming market in the past 5 years.
- How are the "hardcore/dedicated/passionate gamers" defined?
- How have their presence/activity on the mobile scene developed?
- How are their spending behavior, especially compared to the "casual gamers"
- How have the Development in general spending behavior developed over the last 5 years?
- How have the "time played on mobile devices" developed over the past 5 years?
- What are the 2-3 years industry forecasts on the above topics?

- Monetization metrics:
- CPA (Cost per acquisition)
- DAU (Daily active users)
- MAU (Monthly active users)
- DAU-2-MAU conversion
- Retention
- Conversion rate
- ARPPU
- Whale-, dolphin- and minnow "spread ratio"
- Number of downloads to expect (in certain conditions: eg. featuring on App-store, Google Play etc.)
- Metrics about organic Growth and what to expect or sustain/accellerate it?

Data on specific games that I'm especially interested in
- Hearthstone
- Magic the gathering
- VainGlory
- Call of champions
- League of legends
- X-mercs

If you have actually read all the way to the bottom of this post ... I also appreciate it ;)
I'm currently basing most of my numbering on GAMESbrief-forecasting-spreadsheet and data, along with MobileDevMemo intel.

I might have left something obvious out in the above ... feel free to chip in with interesting angles on what to think of!
Rasmus Ravnsbjerg Byriel
Game Director - GameMasterz

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

The difference between master and beginner - The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried!