New guidelines for funding support from Spilordningen

Vanulla_Ace
Level 12 - Master of the dark arts

New guidelines for funding support from Spilordningen

Unread post by Vanulla_Ace » 17 Sep 2016, 11:44

Hi all [puts on Interactive Denmark hat]

As you may have noticed, new guidelines and terms for the funding support from the Danish Game Funding Program under DFI / The Danish Film Institute has been announced. In short, it is now possible to receive funding all the way to release, as production and publishing support has been added to the program. Since we thought , this would be pretty important to a lot of Danish gamedevs, we are helping spreading the message :)

These new guidelines are set to be active already from the next round of applications, which have deadline October 12th!

There is much more information at DFI's site for the Game Funding Program here (in Danish)

The DFI also released a new, much more detailed description of, what criteria applicant for the program is evaluated on. That is available here

In addition, the Film Institute is hosting an information meeting about the new guidelines October 3rd at the Film House in Gothersgade from 15:30 to 17:00

Good luck to all applicants

/Jesper

Instawin
Level 17 - Jade Raymond

Re: New guidelines for funding support from Spilordningen

Unread post by Instawin » 19 Sep 2016, 13:42

Nice, thanks for sharing.

runevision
Level 2 - Grain of sand

Unread post by runevision » 30 Sep 2016, 01:13

Is it possible in any way to see full examples of past applications that got funding? While the instructions in the various documents from Spilordningen are a good starting point, they are still vague in many areas, and a few examples of applications that "did it right" would be very helpful for first-time applicants.

C.Scheel
Level 3 - Infant

Unread post by C.Scheel » 08 Oct 2016, 20:21

Is this what you are looking for?!

http://www.dfi.dk/Branche_og_stoette/Sp ... -2016.aspx

more supported games on the left

Vanulla_Ace
Level 12 - Master of the dark arts

Unread post by Vanulla_Ace » 08 Oct 2016, 21:53

@Rune

I think you would have to ask one of the former applicants, if you could see their application.

The applications as such are confidential, since they contain information about IP's, strategies and financial plans, that theoretically could be used against the applicants.

However, DFI just released a new FAQ, that might answer some of your questions http://www.dfi.dk/Branche_og_stoette/Sp ... lkaar.aspx

Thomas Ryder
Level 7 - Spellcaster

Unread post by Thomas Ryder » 09 Oct 2016, 11:20

Hey Runevision,

I have a few DFI-applications which I'd be happy to share. PM me if you are interested.

Thomas

runevision
Level 2 - Grain of sand

Unread post by runevision » 09 Oct 2016, 17:03

Vanulla_Ace wrote:The applications as such are confidential, since they contain information about IP's, strategies and financial plans, that theoretically could be used against the applicants.
Yes, it would of course need to be with the approval of the applicants in question, and potentially with some information redacted as needed.

A little week ago a former applicant very helpfully allowed me to see their application and it has been most valuable for me. (Not that it guarantees funding at all, but I feel I have a much better starting point.) And now Thomas just reached out in this thread as well - very appreciated.
Vanulla_Ace wrote:However, DFI just released a new FAQ, that might answer some of your questions http://www.dfi.dk/Branche_og_stoette/Sp ... lkaar.aspx
Thanks! While it seems fairly geared towards people familiar with the previous version of the process, it did answer a few questions for me, so definitely a good thing to have!

Still, actual examples can make so many things clear that are unwritten and/or assumed. Personally I'm well covered now, but for the sake of future first-time applicants it might be an idea worth considering?