Foras for Marketing

Tumme
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Foras for Marketing

Unread post by Tumme » 03 Dec 2017, 23:28

Hey Guys,
We are developing our game first game, and everything is going quite well, and we have a playable game :) hurra.
We are the stage, where we want to start to build up a fan base for the game. The first step is to post on different indie forums, so people can see the game and follow the process on the game, and start building a fanbase that way. There are so many websites we can post on, and we are not quite sure which websites are useful and which are bad.
So I will hear if you guys will give us some advice on which homepage to use:)?
We are using Moddb, but we would like more :)
Thanks in an advance :)

Flaboere
Level 0 - Null

Re: Foras for Marketing

Unread post by Flaboere » 05 Dec 2017, 13:52

Make sure to make a post on Imgur - use lots of gifs from your game, and make a text that is personal and tells something about your own journey. And link to your homepage, of course :-)

Tumme
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Tumme » 07 Dec 2017, 18:45

hej Flaboere :)

Thanks again for your answer :) Imgur ? really I'd never thought to use that platform :) but i will take a closer look at the platform :)

Flaboere
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Flaboere » 08 Dec 2017, 10:22

Tumme wrote:hej Flaboere :)

Thanks again for your answer :) Imgur ? really I'd never thought to use that platform :) but i will take a closer look at the platform :)
BetaDwarf used that, apparently to great success, when thye ran their kickstarter for Forced. The story is, that it saved the kickstarter in the last moment. And there are many other small developers that use the site to show of their game.

You can see the Betadwarf post here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/yacucU1

Edit: Ah, sorry, this is not the actual image that originally saved them, but it's still a cool way they interact with their users through Imgur.

And here's another example of developers interacting with the community via Imugr:
https://imgur.com/gallery/WcGUC

Tumme
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Tumme » 10 Dec 2017, 15:48

thanks a lot :) well I will defiantly use it :) I never thought about it myself :) thank you very much