Game developer looking for opportunities

Freaking-Pingo
Level 0 - Null

Game developer looking for opportunities

Unread post by Freaking-Pingo » 04 Jan 2017, 17:29

Hi Spiludvikling.dk followers

My name is Marc Pilgaard and I am looking for job opportunities within the danish game industry that have an interest in working with a passionate and technical game developer like me. I would preferably like to work at danish game studio, but I am open to all opportunities whether it being game development, implementation of interactive installations, technical advisory or something else I haven't thought off.

As I don't know your exact needs, I have compiled a list of knowledge and skills I posses which I believe can benefit you.

Hard skills / experience:
  • * A strong technical mind with 6 years of experience working with Unity, primarily as a game and system programmer
    * Experience in various technical fields ranging from binaural audio, shaders, version control, VR, image processing, animations, modelling, C++, R, statistics and much more
    * My artistic skills is not much good in a serious production, but I can collaborate with artists and designers, speak their lingo and are familiar with their pipelines and obstacles they may encounter during production.
    * Completed two commercial games from idea to launch, and a bunch of smaller non-commercial game projects
    * Experience with project management both as technical lead and CEO
Soft intangible skills:
  • * Solution orientated, capable of coming up with simple solutions to complex problems
    * Strong team player, that take pipelines, processes and team dynamics seriously
    * Enjoy being given responsibility both as an individual as well as a team
    * Often attempts to optimise my solutions through research, prototyping or entering dialogues with like-minded developers
    * Capable of prioritising tasks depending on available time, money or other external factors.
    * Active in the danish game industry. I enjoy networking, and participating and game jams, workshops and spilbars where I can play other developers games and do some knowledge sharing over a beer or a cup of coffee.
Whenever I enter a project I tend to quickly take that project in as my responsibility to complete it. Therefore for me to operate optimally I would like that the company have:
  • * A leadership that is capable of setting clear goals
    * Have the bravery to try and be innovative and take new approaches
    * An interest in doing early prototypes and user testing
I can physically meet on a daily basis if you are located in the region between, Aalborg, Greena, Aarhus or Viborg. If your company is located elsewere, we can probably figure something out anyway. I am open to different opportunities and payment options, whether it is an opening as a full-time employee, freelancer, part-time or a solution including equity share.

I could continue expanding this post, but I believe its more effective if we established a physically meeting over a cup of coffee. Reach out to me through:

e-mail: Pilgaardmarc@gmail.com
phone: +4529368801

I am available any time of the day, so just reach out to me when you are available.
Happy to hear from you soon :)

- Marc Pilgaard