Here Be Dragons looking for co-founder

Dragon Hunter
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Here Be Dragons looking for co-founder

Unread post by Dragon Hunter » 20 Jun 2018, 14:57

Hi.

My name is Jeppe (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeppeherlevnielsen/)
and I'm looking for one or more co-founders to join a young game company called
Here Be Dragons (http://www.here-be-dragons.dk).

We (me and a couple of freelancers) are currently working on game projects for
two different clients. The goal of course is to work full time on our own in-house
projects, but until that becomes possible, this is how we make our living.

My own professional experience (12+ years and around 30 game productions) comes
from working as a game designer, narrative designer/writer, and project manager at
various Copenhagen based game companies.

I have a lot of ideas for games that I want to make - and so do you probably - and
together I’m sure we can cook up something amazing! We’ll just start from scratch and
see where that takes us.

I would of course expect you to have a fair amount of professional experience and a
desire to run your own company - with all that it entails of different responsibilities and
new learnings - but the most important requirement is that we work well together.
All the experience and money in the world can’t beat a good team - so lets meet.

If you are interested or have some questions, please contact me at:
contact@here-be-dragons.dk

Dragon Hunter
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Re: Here Be Dragons looking for co-founder

Unread post by Dragon Hunter » 25 Jun 2018, 09:19

Just wanna update on two points - in case it's holding someone back :)

Expertise. Nobody can know everything, so if you don't know the first thing about running a company or pitching a game, that's fine. I will however expect you to bring two things to the table - a concrete skill or knowledge (ex. programming, sales, graphics, marketing, contacts, or something else) and game production experience. Whether that means you've partaken in making 5 or 50 games, is not as important as a good all-round understanding of the various aspects / phases that make up a game production.

Commitment. I have a family, so I wouldn't have time - or the desire - to spend all my waking hours on this endeavour. I am of course committing 110%, but we should try our best to spend those outrageous percentages within a normal workday ;)

Hope this clarifies and encourages.