Data technician seeks job as tools/game programmer.

PaulUsul
Level 0 - Null

Data technician seeks job as tools/game programmer.

Unread post by PaulUsul » 17 Apr 2009, 22:32

Hi everyone

My name is Paul Usul Fluegel and I am 22 years old. I have recently finished top of my class at a technical college called EUC Ringsted and after 5 years I am eager to start working. I am looking for part/full time or pr. project contract. I am not in the game industry to make money, but rather have fun and most importantly make some fantastic games! I enjoy a challenge and seek a position where I can expand my knowledge as the project progresses.

Professionally I am committed, cooperative and used to working as part of a team. I love realizing others inspiration and making their ideas come to life. I work structured and keep my head cold in stressed situations. I am result orientated and throughout my education I have tried continuously to reach greater goals and challenges. I see programming as an art and take great pride in my work.

As a person I am friendly, social and easy going. In my spare time I play and make computer games and during the summer I practice Tai-Chi.

I have primarily worked on mods and hobby projects, but as part of my education I was an intern at Gamalocus Stuidios, where I worked for approximately 1 year spread over 3 periods as assistant programmer on their second title Call of the Kings witch is a mmo-rts. The time I spent there was incredibly fun and a great learning experience, my main responsibility was the client, it's gui and interaction with the server.

I have a lot of experience with OOP, Java, C#, Eclipse and Visual Studio. I have also worked with C++ but since it has not been a part of my education, I am not completely fluent. If C++ is you primary language I am more than willing to take a course to refine my skills.

Hobby projects:
  • 2006-2008 - Assistant Programmer(Java) - Call of the Kings - mmo-rts using DarkStar and jME.
    2007-2007 - Level designer / Programmer(script, c++) - Where the sun dies - single player rpg using Torque.
    2004-2006 - Level designer / Programmer(c++) - Vampire Generations - multiplayer rpg using Half-Life 2.
    2004-2004 - Lead Programmer(c++) - Zombie Mod - multiplayer shoot em up using Half-Life 2.
    2003-2004 - Level designer / Scripting - For fun using Unread Tournament 2003 engine.
If you have any questions or comments, don't be shy :)

Paul Usul Fluegel
Refsnæsgade 37 1 tv
2200 København N
Tlf. 28 40 13 34
E-mail: PaulUsul@Gmail.com