Unity programmer/consultant wanted (paid work)

larzie
Level 0 - Null

Unity programmer/consultant wanted (paid work)

Unread post by larzie » 14 Oct 2009, 14:31

We are looking for a Unity wizard preferably in Denmark (and best in Copenhagen).

We are working on an interactive art project for an upcoming exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. It is a project I did three years ago - you use a physical hair dryer to blow off the seeds of a big projected Dandelion:
http://www.sennep.com/installations/dan ... delion.htm
This old version was done in Processing (Java), and we are now working on redoing it in Unity to get much more of a 3D photo realistic feel.

We have a good 3D artist on board and I am doing the programming and although I have been playing around with Unity before this is my first real Unity project. Things are progressing ok - we already have a functional half decent looking prototype in Unity. However to make it look really fantastic and get the details right I foresee that we well need some help quite soon in terms of
- getting our assets to look as good as possible (lighting, shaders etc)
- general Unity tricks and best practices
- optimization
- shader programming (if possible we are considering using a custom shader to animate blowing on the wings of the seeds)

Since it is an art project there is not a massive budget, but we do have budget to hire someone in. We are flexible in terms of work hours, so if it suits you best to work on the project in the evenings or weekends that is cool with us.

If you think it sounds interesting or have some questions - please email me on lars@yoke.dk

/lars