Russian 3d artist seeks job (9 years experience)

Valeriy Vdovin
Level 0 - Null

Russian 3d artist seeks job (9 years experience)

Unread post by Valeriy Vdovin » 06 Nov 2009, 14:45

Hi. My name is Valeriy Vdovin. I'm currently working as a freelancer. I am looking for some work in denmark, no matter full time of freelance based. Prefferably in game business. If there is anyone who can advise me some companies that are based in denmark, or some other way of searching for a job, please let me know. I would appreciate that a lot, because I don't know your language very well and it's hard for me to find places where I can send my resume by myself. But as soon as I know at least several game or postproduction companies, I would be able to communicate with them myself.

Here is a link to my personal page, there is a small demo of my recent works and some pictures.
http://valeriyvdovin.narod.ru/
Thanks in advance for any support.

MartinL
Level 0 - Null

Re: Russian 3d artist seeks job (9 years experience)

Unread post by MartinL » 06 Nov 2009, 20:07

Seach for: "ledige 3d jobs danmark" which means "vacant 3d jobs denmark"

There's a map here:

http://www.findvej.dk/spilfirma

Showing companies in Denmark "ansatte" means number of employees, "firma" is company.

Let me know if there's any languagebarrier I can help you overcome.

Valeriy Vdovin
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Valeriy Vdovin » 06 Nov 2009, 23:33

Thanks a lot, I'll try this one.

Pelle K
Level 6 - Apprentice

Unread post by Pelle K » 07 Nov 2009, 01:28

By the way ... I checked the map out of couriosity and some of these companies don't exist anymore.

Titoonic has reshaped into likewise (likewise.dk)

Deadline games & guppyworks are no more.

Are you working from Russia or are you located in Denmark ?

Valeriy Vdovin
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Valeriy Vdovin » 07 Nov 2009, 10:32

Yes, I've found this out myself. How come that such a big company as Deadline games became wasted? It's written in news archive in the net that it has become bankrupt.

But nevertheless this map has proved useful for me, it has all the general info, allowing to go to details myself.
Thanks a lot. Now I have a couple of companies as my aim and need to start compiling the demo specially for game industry needs, because i was said that my current demo doesn't show any gaming skills , but more cinematic.

Right now I'm located in Russia, Moscow, but my goal is to move to some scandinavian country to live there for a couple of years.

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 07 Nov 2009, 11:57

It's not entirely correct that Guppyworks has died (although I did post it a while back. But was quick to correct the mistake at the time). They took a really bad beating and exists in a very small form now. But still operating for restructuring as far as I know.

In general I wouldn't have my hopes up too high for an artist job in Denmark right now. A lot of companies went bust recently and this leads to a lot of people competing for very few jobs. Especially true for artists.
IO Interactive probably hires artist...If you live in China that is.
Sweden has also taken a beating (Grin and the smaller Upside Studios went bust, and Avalanche had to cut a lot of jobs. But seems to be doing a bit better than Denmark. They always had a bigger and stronger games industry to begin with.

And I agree. You should focus more of getting more game related stuff in your portfolio. Maybe aiming for smaller studios in your area to get some more game related work experience there before moving on to bigger studios. And/or do some freelance offsite work for game art outsourcing studios.

Links for the dk industry.
http://www.spiludvikling.dk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8

Valeriy Vdovin
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Valeriy Vdovin » 07 Nov 2009, 17:40

Yes, that's a sad truth about 3d artists. Most of the times there's too lots of them and they are competing for a small amount of vacant places. Too bad. There is lot's of opened job vacancies for programmers and almost none for artists.

Jonas.dk
you told
"And/or do some freelance offsite work for game art outsourcing studios."
What did you mean by that. I didn't clearly understand it.

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 07 Nov 2009, 18:27

I mean studios that hires you as a freelanceer and pushes work assignments your way while you do the work at home. Some might require you to be on location.

places like
http://www.streamline-studios.com/

huge list here including Russian studios
http://www.gamesoutsourcer.com/listing.php