Destructable Environments - Thesis Project Help

Keeper
Level 0 - Null

Destructable Environments - Thesis Project Help

Unread post by Keeper » 10 May 2009, 13:54

Greetings.
I'm doing my thesis project examining destructable environments and how they can affect a game, and I could use some assistance in gathering my testing data.

It's fairly simple really. I basically just need you to play my game for a while, e-mail me some files that the game makes automatically and then take a small questionaire about the game. I am not exactly sure what kind of computer power you will need to play it, but it's shouldn't be too bad. You will need Windows though.

There are a few bugs with the game that I would ask you to ignore since I did not have the time to iron them out completely, but they should not be a hinderance to playing. There shouldn't be any game-crashing bugs :)
If you get stuck in a tree though, you will have to blow it up to continue...

The game can be downloaded at:
http://www.tnaclan.com/files/misc/Precipice.rar

And the survey can be found at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=V ... zBCw_3d_3d

Many thanks to anyone willing to help me out :geek:

[Edit]
To whom it may concern.
I've changed the game to create the log as soon as you die/complete the game to prevent any confusing there may have been as to when the log is created.
Also added a note on the games autosave function that completely slipped my mind to tell people about :?
If you have completed the tutorial and die/complete the game, then if the game is restarted the tutorial is skipped, starting the player in the forest outside.

Keeper
Level 0 - Null

Re: Destructable Environments - Thesis Project Help

Unread post by Keeper » 13 May 2009, 10:11

If anyone here missed it, there are two pages to my survey.
Only roughly 60% of those who have answered have answered on both pages, so if you are among the remaining 40%, please answer both pages. It's the second page that's actually important.