JOB´s Plz look here!!! :) (*unpaied)

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

JOB´s Plz look here!!! :) (*unpaied)

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 19 Mar 2015, 13:29

We are currently looking for game developers who wants more experience and share their knowledge and talents.

The Game:
The game aims at changing our knowledge and perception of the world we live in through a new and exciting experience. A game that mixes great exploration of the unknown, with base building, upgrades, rewards, surprises and of course fun and excitement.

Platforms: PC with VR support (virtual reality), Playstation and Xbox, tablets via Shield-Grid.

Experience:
With full emersion and clever game mechanics, this game will elevate above other titles through
unique storytelling and sublime graphics, when we say the PC version will have spared no expense we mean it. Ultra high textures and models combined with latest technologies will break down the barrier between real and fake, the illusion will be complete.

Are You creative and passionate about games and want to be part of a new game project?

Following jobs are open:
3d Modelers/Digital Sculptors - organic and hard-surface modeling. (Zbrush, Mudbox etc) (Unpaid)
Concept Artists/Designers - Creature design, bases/vehicles/objects/weapons etc. (Unpaid)

Please contact us and tell us your interests and area you want to contribute in.

Dont wait, contact us today at:
Herskind47@gmail.com

Best regards
Vince Herskind

RealityCheck
Level 0 - Null

Re: JOB´s Plz look here!!! :) (*unpaied)

Unread post by RealityCheck » 19 Mar 2015, 20:15

Last edited by RealityCheck on 20 Mar 2015, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

vonknut
Level 78 - Basher of noobs

Unread post by vonknut » 19 Mar 2015, 21:40

Epic post - looking forward to hear more about this game :)
http://www.clienteleandpartners.com/founders/
Hans von Knut Skovfoged - Creative Dir.
PortaPlay - Interactive Entertainment and Learning

spa
Level 14 - Dimensional traveler

Unread post by spa » 19 Mar 2015, 23:22

Vince Game Developer wrote:when we say the PC version will have spared no expense we mean it.
Maybe consider paying people for their work then?
::Søren P Andersen
::Showcase

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 19 Mar 2015, 23:46

With the current trend I think we may be close to starting. IBDA - Inexperienced Broke Dreamers Association. :)

Jesper Kondrup
Level 27 - Drooling zombie

Unread post by Jesper Kondrup » 20 Mar 2015, 08:23

This sounds very promising indeed. I was tempted to send an application but I am not sure my skills will meet your high expectations.

"Ultra high textures and models combined with latest technologies will break down the barrier between real and fake, the illusion will be complete"

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 20 Mar 2015, 09:30

First and foremost thank you all for the keen interest.

This game requires all kinds of objects and items, and there is something for everyone. I am sure.

In my experience, if you are a novice modeler its best to start with a simple and neat object, get the experience and move on to bigger tasks.
No task is too small or too big, don't underestimate finishing an object even if small, it's quite rewarding to see something actually take form quick and look amazing.

Here are 3 objects we need:

1. A Starfish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish)
2. A Barrel (metal, rusty, broken, used, leaking, dented)
3. Two Dices, (Optional: plastic or fluffy fabric) (Usually the ones you would find in a car or truck hanging from the rear mirror) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dice)

Important info:
No textures (only mesh)
Detail level: The highest you can do :)
File size: Max 2 GB

Feel free to model one and send it to us :)

DonSonz
Level 11 - Dark arts intermediate

Unread post by DonSonz » 20 Mar 2015, 10:52

This is hilarious - is it a Joke or what? :D :D :D :D

How can we deliver rusty Barrels without textures (only mesh)?

Otherwise consider this:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16307

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/24419

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16388

BubbleWrapBoy
Level 8 - Summoner

Unread post by BubbleWrapBoy » 20 Mar 2015, 14:04

unpaid dammit... unpaid!

nulldiver
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by nulldiver » 20 Mar 2015, 16:14

Have you considered doing high-resolution 3D scans of real objects for this? There is nothing more ultra high texture and models than 3D scanned (micron level!) and then there wouldn't even be a barrier between real and fake - because it would be 100% real and 500% awesome! As an added bonus, you wouldn't even need the artists that you aren't paying to do any work, so they could all go off and get coffee or something...

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 20 Mar 2015, 18:36

Yes we are going to use laser scans, it is infact ideal for most objects, but not all. Euclideon software will deliver unseen graphics.

Yes rust is infact part of the mesh.

Paied jobs will follow.

Thanks

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 20 Mar 2015, 20:28

nulldiver wrote:Have you considered doing high-resolution 3D scans of real objects for this? There is nothing more ultra high texture and models than 3D scanned (micron level!) and then there wouldn't even be a barrier between real and fake - because it would be 100% real and 500% awesome! As an added bonus, you wouldn't even need the artists that you aren't paying to do any work, so they could all go off and get coffee or something...
Yes, you are right on target. In fact whats brilliant is you also stores textures.

There will be objects/items we have to model in order to create it, like fantasy creatures and things that are hard to come by.
Last edited by Vince Game Developer on 24 Mar 2015, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 21 Mar 2015, 01:18

*Euclideon software will deliver unseen graphics.* :)

Speaking of Euclideon. I'm sure their tech is very interesting and has some really useful applications. (Not convinced it's a perfect technology for games just yet. Broadly speaking)

But since you are working with it. How mature is it by now? Does it do realtime surface shading? Proper real time lighting? Lots of skinned and animated objects like characters or dynamic vegetation.

Judging from their 3D scanned environments. The technology will still only provides a completely flat lit and static world. That is the natural result of the 3D scans. But they have yet to provide anything truly dynamic as a demo. Might have changed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AvCxa9Y9NU

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 21 Mar 2015, 10:37

Oh and a few more.

How does Euclideon handle simple things as collision detection and physics interaction on highly arbitrary point cloud data?
Do you have to build a low polygon proxy for everything physics related?

Judging form their videos and website. The technology is for the most part a highly efficient model viewer of high resolution point cloud data.
And taking it up to the level of usable (yet alone highly efficient) game engine will require a significant investment in time and brains. Not for the faint of heart. Probably a multi year effort.
Unless you can somehow plug the renderer/system into an existing game creation pipeline?

Also concerned about content creation. If you have "infinite" detail. Asset creation will be a heavy duty task. High resolution 3D scanning, photommetry and high polygon modelling is rather time and resource consuming tasks. And each requires highly optimized, specialized piplelines to work efficiently at scale. And will require different fields of expertise. There is surely some potential payoffs in the final assets visual fidelity. But also some hard trade offs visually, if no shading and prebaked lightning on assets is the price you pay.

And how is all the massive amount of data handled in the project at scale? Synchronizing XXX amounts of Gigabyte size model data, to version control clients on a regular basis. Is not fun to work with. So somehow a system with a central world server. with realtime world editing developer clients. Streaming the world data and user interaction will be required. Which puts of back to building a highly specialized game creation tool chain around that premise.

ThomasLund
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by ThomasLund » 21 Mar 2015, 12:04

Mega troll-lolololol

I'll almost volunteer here because it sounds so AWESOMESAUCE
Full Control
Makers of Smack Boxing, Smack Hockey, Monster Ball, Electrocute, Touch Wars, Tactical Soldier, Frontline Tactics, Space Hulk, Jagged Alliance Flashback, Space Hulk Ascension

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by timgarbos » 21 Mar 2015, 16:42

Do you have all the programming resources or are you looking for programmers as well?

nulldiver
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by nulldiver » 21 Mar 2015, 18:22

nulldiver wrote:Have you considered doing high-resolution 3D scans of real objects for this? There is nothing more ultra high texture and models than 3D scanned (micron level!) and then there wouldn't even be a barrier between real and fake - because it would be 100% real and 500% awesome! As an added bonus, you wouldn't even need the artists that you aren't paying to do any work, so they could all go off and get coffee or something...
From your reply, I would guess that my sarcasm was missed. To clarify: I actually find the disconnect between the way that you describe the project and that you are looking for unpaid volunteers for the "jobs" to be a little bit repulsive... (trenox already expressed this, and quite succinctly).

Anyway, I'll chalk it up to some mix between hyperbole, ignorance and blind optimism (or I just got totally trolled and missed it -- in which case, hats off to you) and move along. It looks like Jonas is trying to turn this into a real thread about tech, anyway ;-)

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 21 Mar 2015, 18:50

To be frank, I do not have the time nor the energy to convince people who cannot believe is this.

I hope the nay sayers will join the rest in 2020 and play it, in the meantime if you doubt the project, thats fine, but just move on, no need to fill this thread and others with despair and doubt. Some see the difficulties in things, other see the possibilities.
Who are You? Or who do you choose to be?

There are many challengers in such a huge undertaking, and I will adresse them later on.

Thanks

vonknut
Level 78 - Basher of noobs

Unread post by vonknut » 21 Mar 2015, 23:59

Jonas spoiled the mood (are you getting too old for a bit of fun Jonas?), but fair enough, lets get serious and constructive:

Well, at least the planned release date (2020) indicates a sense of reality, so thats a good start....

Apart from that, your talk about graphics/3D tech might need a bit of refinement (more substance, less buzz-word), if you plan to attract professional people - and even more so, if you plan to realize an actual game.
If you plan on do a tech-demo using cutting edge but not cost-benefit-vise optimal tech, then fair enough. But then the release date needs to be earlier if you really believe that the techs your planning to utilize, will be the "next thing" (common sense: if the mentioned buzz-words are "the shit", then somebody will do something with it in the next 1-3 years, and then a launch after 5 years, using that tech, will not make an impact. But if nobody will use it for anything in the next 1-3 years, then it is probably not the next big thing").
Hans von Knut Skovfoged - Creative Dir.
PortaPlay - Interactive Entertainment and Learning

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 22 Mar 2015, 14:55

timgarbos wrote:Do you have all the programming resources or are you looking for programmers as well?
Yes we are also looking for programmers, a whole army of them, we only have two which will build a data base for some specific information ingame, so we need a wide range of skilled programmers in different languages for the game itself as well.

Programmers are the backbone of this undertaking and if you are one please stay tuned to this thread.

I will be sure to post here when I have more precise information about programming jobs.

Thanks

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 22 Mar 2015, 15:10

Jonaz and vonknut you are both right in many of the difficulties and problems you mention.

Euclidean are working on a game engine, yes with animation, collision etc etc etc. And yes a game engine not just a viewer to look at point cloud data reconstructed as polys.

In 5 years time (or less) im sure there will be some first person shooters with close too or similar graphics fidelity, perhaps also VR, I see this as an advantage because more gamers will enjoy the VR experince and be ready for ours. This game will offer people of all ages a change to engage in learning about qualities that will benefit mankind a property that are news-value in itself and will generate PR and hence gamers etc. untill an official PR-statement are released I will not entertain further details. However I do appriciate all the feedback. Truely.

Thanks for the feedback guys. ;)

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 24 Mar 2015, 11:41

Looking for people with knowhow of lasercans, we have currently established contact with a danish laserscaning company and will soon need some extra hands on.

Regards
Vince

ThomasLund
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by ThomasLund » 24 Mar 2015, 14:00

And thats naturally also unpaid, because the project is too awesome to even think money. Right? :-)
Full Control
Makers of Smack Boxing, Smack Hockey, Monster Ball, Electrocute, Touch Wars, Tactical Soldier, Frontline Tactics, Space Hulk, Jagged Alliance Flashback, Space Hulk Ascension

Vince Game Developer
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Vince Game Developer » 24 Mar 2015, 14:34

ThomasLund wrote:And thats naturally also unpaid, because the project is too awesome to even think money. Right? :-)
In order to secure funds, you need to convince investors and sponsors. Before that is possible you need to funds things yourself and that is not cheap, so now we need all the help we can to get the project into warp speed. Currently we are looking for visionary people with skills and determination to contribute. As soon as the funding comes those who helped out will be hired. I sure you can understand monetary cycle and how it works from your kind remark.

The job is paid if you have all the equipment and resources to do the scans. :P

Do you have any great ideas to secure funding so we can hire paied aid. :)

Thanks.

ThomasLund
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by ThomasLund » 24 Mar 2015, 14:40

Yeah - I totally know how financing games work. I've run a game studio for 11 years.

To be honest I'm still very very uncertain if you are a total troll or actually serious.

Thus my semi sarcastic posts
Full Control