Experienced Concept / 2D / UI Artist seeks new home.

NikolajMSeverin
Level 0 - Null

Experienced Concept / 2D / UI Artist seeks new home.

Unread post by NikolajMSeverin » 04 Jun 2020, 12:00

Hi devs.

I’m looking for new opportunities, as I am coming to the end of my contract as concept artist with MOOD Visuals.

So if you are working on something I could contribute to, or have a lead to someone who does, please get in touch. I am primarily looking for employment, but I also do freelance if the project is right.

My portfolio can be seen here https://www.artstation.com/nwseverin
While my casual doodlings are here https://www.instagram.com/nwseverin/

I have ~10 years of industry experience, primarily in the Danish game industry, as a concept artist, illustrator and UI designer. I’ve developed cross platform for handheld, console and PC.
I have extensive experience in Unity, with their canvas system, but only briefly touched Unreal.

I’ve worked at MOOD Visuals with bringing LEGO products to life and assisting with art for AAA game titles as well as their in-house productions.
As a freelancer I had the pleasure of creating marketing art for productions such as Deep Rock Galactic and Trailmakers.
I lead the 2D art department at NapNok, being lead for a part CPH, part Macedonia based team.
I spent 5 great years at Press Play, being part of their growth and development.
And while brief, I had the unique experience of being part of the uni-squatting team in the early days of BetaDwarf.

Working Remote
If something good is to be taken from Covid19, it is how remote work has made it into the mainstream. As I currently live in Vejle, I have working remote some years now, both as freelance and in-house, and it has been working smoothly. As I know most people seeing this will not be in the Vejle region, remote work will most likely be the viable option for working together.

Have a great summer everyone!

- Nikolaj Mårbjerg Severin
nwseverin@gmail.com

AndreasBech
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Re: Experienced Concept / 2D / UI Artist seeks new home.

Unread post by AndreasBech » 09 Jun 2020, 12:22

Hi Nikolaj,

Big fan of your work on Trailmakers and DRG. I look forward to seeing what comes out of your work with MOOD as well.

You probably already know all this but thought I'd tip in regardless.

I know that IOI are looking for a concept artist. If any of the none-lego work you did with MOOD falls within the "realistic" category that might be an option? Although that may require relocation, I wouldn't know.

Otherwise, with a portfolio like yours I would be surprised if a wave in the danish Discord community #dkgame wouldn't be fruitful.

Also, I will be allowing myself to shoot you an email within the next days with a few questions.

In the meantime, good luck. I hope you find something awesome :)

NikolajMSeverin
Level 0 - Null

Re: Experienced Concept / 2D / UI Artist seeks new home.

Unread post by NikolajMSeverin » 10 Jun 2020, 08:53

Hi Andreas

Thanks for the praise. And thanks for the tip on IOI, I'll check out what they are up to these days.

I'm intrigued about your questions, but I am sure I'll learn what that is about soon enough.

Regards