Located in the historical and beautiful city of Aarhus, Denmark, you find a team of outgoing and enthusiastic developers trying to push the boundaries of gaming. We are Bright Star.
Bright Star is a company with a modern mindset, who understands that the world today is an extremely nuanced and multifaceted creature to master and conquer, and only by breaking ancient barriers, adapting to the now and by progressing forward, we come out on both the positive factor and as stronger individuals.
We hire people who are genuinely passionate about changing the games industry for the better. Always on the lookout for the exceptional talent and the rough cut diamond to shape into perfection. We care about a good team effort, having clear and friendly communication, and never being afraid of speaking up.
We’re excited about carving a new path forward for gameplay and monetization of Free-to-Play player-driven MMORPGs – and we can’t wait to have you join us!
TOOL DEVELOPER (2X)
We are looking for an experienced game tool programmer with excellent coding skills and a good understanding of (MMO)RPGs. Together with a small team of co-workers, you will be joining our mission of creating the next generation of Free-to-Play PC / cross-platform MMORPGs.
As a game tool programmer on Ember Sword, you will be designing and implementing tools that artists, level designers and programmers use to develop Ember Sword.
- Passionate about games, gameplay and game development
- Open to direction, feedback, and discussion
- Someone with a strong work ethic, solid communication skills and fluent in English
- Creative in your problem solving solutions
- Self reliant
- Good or excellent coding skills, specifically in C++
- Experience with vector math (basic knowledge is a requirement)
- Experience with creating tools for game development. Experience with MMORPGs is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in the industry – we’re open-minded and gladly talk with enthusiastic applicants with varying levels of experience
- Bachelor in computer science or equivalent qualifications
- You love MMOs and/or RPGs
- You have shipped a game on PC/Browser, or worked with a team that did.
- Experience with developing a game alongside a passionate community
- Experience with custom game engines
- Experience with WebGL, WebGPU and/or Web Assembly (emscripten)
- Ember Sword is developed using a custom game engine
- We have a very agile approach to development, with a very flat hierarchy
- A job in a fast growing international startup with huge ambitions and a dream project
- Lots of responsibility, and a chance to shape your own role as we grow
- A bunch of fun colleagues
- Job start is “as soon as possible”
- The work hours are flexible
- Salary depends on qualifications and seniority (including potential stock-option plan)
- This is a full-time position. It is unsuitable for remote employees (Due to corona we’re temporarily working remote; After corona we expect people to work from our office in Aarhus).
- We are continuously reviewing applications
EMBER SWORD TRAILERS